Australian Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
If you are thinking about owning and managing a new or existing business in Australia, or investing in an Australian state or territory then this is the subclass for you.
This sub-class includes three paths:
- Business Innovation stream: for those with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
- Investor stream: for those who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5million in an Australian state or territory
- Significant Investor stream: for those who are willing to invest at least AUD5million into complying investments in Australia
You would need to show
At least 65 points (the pass mark) in the points test to be eligible to apply for a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) in the Business Innovation stream or the Investor stream.
The points test does not apply to you if you are applying in the Significant Investor stream
The Benefits of this visa include
This visa lets you and any family members applying with you to
- stay in Australia
- work and study in Austalia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- travel to and from Australia
It's actually quite simple…